What do I need to make a video consultation?
- A good internet connection,
- A private and well-lit area where you won’t be disturbed,
- A web camera, speakers and microphone,
- And one of the following search engines: Safari, Google Chrome and/or Firefox 68+
Video consultation – how do I get ready for my appointment?
- Click on the link provided to you via SMS which will direct you to the Health Direct video call portal – you can use a phone, computer or a tablet ensuring either Google Chrome or Safari is on the device.
- Click “start video call” which will then ask for microphone and camera access – make sure you click “allow”
- Enter your details when prompted. This will usually be your first name, last name and mobile number.
- All you need to do now is wait for your GP to join the consultation.
For more information, please refer to the following link: https://about.healthdirect.gov.au/video-call